Friday, April 26, 2013

Christine Taylor: Style Me Vintage

 
 
Hello! My name is Christine, and it is a pleasure to meet you. I am excited to be here on my good friend Nicole's blog. Nicole and I both share an affinity for vintage home decor and clothing, and it just so happens that I own a vintage clothing shop in downtown Portland, Oregon called Living Threads Vintage.  I will be doing a weekly guest post covering all things related to incorporating vintage into your wardrobe - it's much easier than you think, and I guarantee it to be fun.

 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
I started wearing vintage clothing in the beginning of high school, when my mom let me dig into her saved garments from the 60's and 70's. Platform sandals? Bell bottoms? Leopard print lurex pants suits? Yes, my mother saved these things and yes, I wore them proudly as a teen. Rest assured, however, that along the years my wardrobe has tamed. 
 
 
 
While I still love a good 70's piece, what you will find me focusing on here is a blending of "classic" vintage garments and easy to find modern essentials. Similar to home decor, a good outfit (like a good room!) is often made by the extra little details.... so watch for lots of accessories too. 
 
 
 
 
Thank you, Nicole for inviting me to be a part of your blog! I will see you again next week!
 
 
 
Content by Christine Taylor
All photos by Christine and Travis Taylor

No comments:

Post a Comment