Tuesday, March 19, 2013

Meditating On Me

I've noticed lately that when life throws some tough pitches my way it can be difficult for me to stay creative and on task. 

What I discovered today were two things.  First, I had to do something that my soul feels good doing.  So I made a point of doing some thrift shopping.  I did it for a client that needs a dresser for her guest room, for my Etsy shop and for me.  

Second, I discovered a guided meditation by Deepak Chopra and Oprah.  I think Oprah has been a true spiritual advisor in my life.  So instead of making excuses as to why I shouldn't meditate (there are currently millions) I sat in quiet while the baby napped and I meditated. It was kind of amazing, difficult and peaceful.  And it filled me up. 

I suppose these are the steps I must take to get back on the road.  For me to make the return to my regularly scheduled programing despite major setbacks, despite emotions and despite the constant distraction of a 10 month old.  If I've learned anything in my life so far, it's that when we really want something we will do anything to accomplish it.  I believe that I am on the right path and I know I will do the hard work that it takes to get there.  Even if I can't see the how or when right now.  I will stay the path, show up every day and do the work. 

No comments:

Post a Comment