Wednesday, December 5, 2012

Paint Your Kitchen

 
 
(After)
 
 
(Before)
 
When I took this photo we had already removed all of the top cabinets. A bit embarrassing, but you had to see what they looked like before. Our kitchen is a square with three doorways. Very tiny and most of the time it's dark.  We absolutely had to paint it.

 
(During)
 
Each cabinet door had to be removed along with all the hardware.  Then each one was sanded, cleaned and layed out for painting.  We decided to keep the 1980's brass hinges, they have a nice patina to them and brass is so back in style.  The glass knobs were picked out months ago from Anthropology.  I couldn't be happier with the glass knobs, brass hinges, grey painted cabinets and stainless steel appliances.  Our kitchen makes me happy now. Every morning I smile. It's clean, fresh and stylish. No longer in the 80's and fits us and our house just perfect. 

 


 
I do have this to say, if you are hesitant to paint your cabinets, don't be. It was such a rewarding project for us. Hard, tedious work, but totally worth it. 
 
 
There is more I'd like to do to my kitchen, but that is for another day and another dollar.  This has been such a simple transformation. 
 

We used Benjamin Moore's Grey Owl in a semi-gloss for both the cabinets and the walls.
 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment