Wednesday, January 4, 2012

New Year, New Goals

 A new year has arrived and with it, new goals. New ideas and ways to improve myself. New things I might want to accomplish or give a try.

As I browse the isles at the local Fred Meyer I can't help but notice the obvious goals for us all...workout time!! Only this year, not for me. I am five and half months pregnant and for the first time, don't really care if I loose any weight. Wow! What a liberating feeling. I am relishing in not having to worry about how un-flat my stomach is.  I look forward instead to having a baby.  A wee one to hold, feed and change it's diapers. Snuggle time!

And yet, with all of the new stuff that comes with motherhood, I can't help but make personal goals for my mental health.  Goals I want to share with all of you for the year ahead.  Number 1 priority is being a fantabulous mother! After that I wish to conquer the world!! Ok, I'm kidding. Not really.

What would goals be if not lofty.  And so with motherhood and all of it's future challenges, I wish to embark on a journey through the blogging world.  Where I might discover that writing is all at once fun, challenging and a life-long learning process.  I hope to share my vintage interior design ideas with you.  Future posts include stories about those that live the vintage modern life, nursery design, my own vintage wedding, creative ideas for your collections and color schemes for your interior. To inspire your creativity (we all have some!) and get you talking about living a vintage modern life.  

Next, to expand on my knowledge and ability with a camera.  I have dreams of purchasing a digital SLR camera so I can share what I see with you too.  Because words sometimes just don't do the trick.  And because honestly, I love pictures.  If I ever wrote a book, it would most certainly contain 90% photographs!  

This year, with the hopeful arrival of a baby, I am filled with a little fear of the unknown, lots of excitement for what could be and joy deep down in my soul for the opportunity to even get to do something like this.  Now that I've told you and the universe what my goals are for the new year, off I go!

Happy New Year!

Cheers,

Nicole

"You have to make mistakes to find out who you really aren't. You take the action and the insight follows:     You don't think your way into becoming yourself." Anne Lamott

No comments:

Post a Comment